NFF U-13 Championship: Aiyenugba Jr. Leads Kwara to Victory …Lucky gets Lucky with Nasarawa.

By Bunmi Blair


Super Eagles goalkeeper, Dele Aiyenugba, seems to have inspired his 10-year-old son, Daniel Ayenugba to follow in his footsteps.
Dele Aiyenugba
Dele, has 17 caps for the Super Eagles and helped Enyimba FC of Aba win the CAF champions league in 2003and 2004.
 His son, Daniel Ayenugba, over the weekend in Abuja, helped Kwara state win the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, Future Eagles U-13 championship (North Central Zone).
Daniel in a chat with bunmiblair.blogspot.com.ng, in Abuja, says his father, who now plays for Hapoel Ashkelon of Israel, is his role model.
Daniel Ayenugba
“My father is my role model and he has been encouraging me to play football.
“He corrects my mistakes and also buys me kits.
“I’m happy we won this competition and I’m hoping to be a better goalkeeper so that I can play outside the country,” the Stephen Fountain Primary School, Ilorin, Kwara State, student said.
Meanwhile, another goalkeeper, David Lucky, was arguably the most valuable player of the tournament.
 Lucky, at the start of the three-day competition was the fourth choice goalkeeper for FCT.
But because his chances of playing in the competition were slim, he was sent to rescue the Nasarawa state U-13 team, which had all their goalkeepers screened out and declared ineligible.

David Lucky
 Nine years old Lucky soon warmed himself into the hearts of the fans, by putting up superlative performances, helping Nasarawa state beat his original team FCT 5-4 on penalties in the semi-final.
Although, Nasarawa state lost 1-0 to Kwara State in the final, Lucky earned himself a place in the North Central Zone U-13 18 man list.
He says his role model is Petr Cech of Arsenal Football Club of England.
“It feels good to play in the final because I felt very bad when I was dropped by my team (FCT).
“I came here just to watch the games, only for Nasarawa to pick me because they screened out all their goalkeepers.
“I want to be like Petr Cech,” Lucky said.
David Lucky and Daniel Aiyenugba
Niger state won the U-15 category of the competition, courtesy a 2-0 victory over team FCT in the final.
Meanwhile, the group stage matches and semi-finals of the NFF Future Eagles U-13 championship which was earlier scheduled to hold between September 20th -23rd have been shifted to 13th - 15th October 2017 in Kano. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NPFL Back On Your Screens! As League Body Highlights Milestones and Challenges.

AFCON 2019: Amunike leads, will Rohr follow?

"If Amunike was not Playing, Ikpeba was there," : Babayaro says Covid Restrictions Blessing in Disguise.